November 17, 2008

Be Strong



Well, it seems like our family has had it's share of health trials in the last few months. Starting with Dad's stroke, John's prostate cancer and now Zach's leukemia. The one thing that has been on my mind through all of this is how much my family really means to me. It's really hard to be so far away when trials hit and not able to be there to help. I hope they know that there is a prayer in my heart always for their safety and well being.
It is hard to comprehend how this leukemia could just appear out of nowhere and attack Zach with such intensity. He is so young, it just doesn't seem fair. We all have trials that we have to work through and this one will be a long road. We just have to remember that bad things happen to good people and that underneath all of the sorrow and worry there is a lesson that will be learned and knowledge will be gained.
I have been impressed with the dedication of my brother and his family to care for and support Zach. I want them to know that I love them all and that I know that Heavenly Father will carry through this rough time. It has been hard on all of them and they have been strengthened by the prayers and love of family and friends(and people they don't even know).
BE STRONG ZACH! You can kick this thing!

2 comments:

  1. Shauna, so sorry to hear about Zach. What a difficult thing to go through. I hope he is going to be alright. I didn't know about your dad either, is he OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugggh. Sounds like a lot for one family. But, I like your attitude. I had no idea about your day, either. Hope he is doing alright?

    ReplyDelete