November 23, 2008
Twilight at Midnight
Sammie, Sydney and I all read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and were really excited when we heard they were going to make it into a movie. Until... we found out who was in the cast. The book describes Edward, the lead vampire, as the having the most beautiful glorious face on the earth. Well, the actor playing Edward certainly is not as described. I thought I'd skip the movie since it already took such a big step from being like the book. But then Sammie & Sydney asked me if they could go to the midnight showing. Of course like a good mother I said NO WAY can you two cute girls go out at midnight. Then I thought again and decided they could go if I went with them. So, we're trying to figure out when the tickets would go on sale so we could get some and then wait in a really long line for seats. Just then one of our neighbors sends an email out to everyone asking if they would like to go to the movie, and she was trying to reserve an entire theater. Anyway, she did get the whole theater, assigned seats so we wouldn't have to wait and run for seats and even gave prizes out. It was so much fun.
Here's how it went for me, Sam & Syd:
The girls wanted to get Twilight T-shirts to wear to the movie so we went to the mall the night before, but they couldn't find anything they liked. We went home a little disappointed. The next day I bought each of us black T-shirts and iron-on letters and we made our own. We looked kind of silly at Walmart when we went to get candy before the movie. All 3 of us were dressed in our black "Cullen" shirts and red or black pants. At the theater we got to our reserved seats and Sydney wanted to sit in the middle since she has this phobia about sitting next to strangers. We went to get some popcorn and Syd decided she didn't want any so Sammie & I would have to share with Syd sitting between us. Sammie slightly bullied Syd into changing seats with her. Only a few minutes after the switch Sydney's seat number was called for a door prize. Needless to say, Sammie was pretty irritated and claimed that the gift should have been hers, but there was no way Sydney was giving in to that one. I ended up dozing off toward the middle of the movie but that's what happens when you get to be my age. We had a really fun time together. I'm so glad I have two fun daughters to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







SO FUN!!! I also went to a midnight showing with some girlfriends!!! Looking at your slideshow made me SO excited to be able to do stuff like that with Ciara!
ReplyDeleteWay to be a fun Mom! I let Lauren go with her friends and another cool Mom. I know--lame!
ReplyDeleteI love your shirts! It looks like you had so much fun! Your're such a cute mom! You look like you could be one of their friends. I'm hoping to go see the movie with Jess and Em while we're on Thanksgiving break. They both read the first three books. I only read the first one:) Not much of a reader you know. But I heard the movie was good, so we can't wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteHey Shauna! Cute blog! I hope it is ok that I took a peek, Paige clued me into your blog address. (I am a blog addict.) Also, love your shirts. Tell Syd she owes me a kickback from her twilight loot! I was so sorry to hear about your nephew. This will be a hard Christmas for you guys, we will be thinking of you.
ReplyDelete