August 31, 2008
RUN BABY RUN
I love to run~! This was my 2nd Half Marathon, and I just can't get enough. It was so fun to get to the last mile (which is near our house) and look over to see Blake driving really slow next to me with the camera. Amanda was in the back waving frantically. Sammie was supposed to be running with me, but we could never find time to train together with our work schedules, so she took the easy way out and drove to the finish line. I had just less than .1 mile to go when Sammie, Ethan and Sydney started yelling MOM! and then running next to me for a little bit. It was so much fun to have them all there cheering me on!
Running for me is time I get to have just for myself. I don't have to think about anything, I just put my music on and go. I finished a bit slower than last year, but I have excuses galore ~~ 10 extra pounds, had to potty at mile 5, stood on my feet for 3 days before the race arranging wedding flowers with my friend Lori (seen in some of the photos)and got only 4 hours of sleep before the race. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to beat my time from last year, but oh well. This is only half of the St. George Marathon mileage. I just finished a run yesterday that was 19.5 miles. After that distance, I'm sure I can finish 26.2 in less than 6 hours and not in the back of an ambulance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment